Monday, August 15, 2011

Flickr. vs. YouTube

Personally I like either one. I have used YouTube for a good five years now and still remember the first time someone said "Oh I saw this really cool video on YouTube last night" and I proceeded to be like "What the heck is that?!" I think if anybody asked me that question right now I would laugh in their face. YouTube is such a universally known name that is shocks me that I ever lived without it. The convenience of the videos and vast variety of them still astounds and intrigues me. I'm constantly on the site trying to find a funny video or stupid video somebody at work has told me about and I am almost never disappointed in what I find, even if it wasn't what I was searching for. I like the concept of Flickr. but feel that Facebook is a much easier way to publish and tag people in photos. Also when I upload photos onto any site other than Facebook its to Walmart.com so I can print them out. Flickr. really doesn't seem to offer that much more than either site and maybe this is just because nobody really knows about it or uses it much. Also the whole reason I think I use sites such as these are for entertainment and there isn't much entertainment in searching through random people's photographs of everyday stuff, if I wanted to do that I could just creep on Facebook :) The only real use I think for Flickr. would be to have a backup of all my images in case my laptop crashes or to organize them for later viewing when I'm older.

No comments:

Post a Comment