This had to be the most confusing site I have used so far. I have never even heard of it to start off with so I didn't know what it could do for me. At first the directions were extremely easy setting it up until I had to find people and then had to figure out all the settings. There were no easy to follow directions on the site itself, which was very odd since it was a Google site and you would think they had everything all step by step. It was really cool how when I logged in, immediately all my blogs that I follow were right there in front of me but from that point on I was beyond confused. Finding subscriptions took a while to figure out at first because I couldn't find the subscribe button (which happened to be right in front of my face) but once I found it, it was so easy to follow more RSS pages. So far I have added The Environmental Working Group, which is the group my project is on and random other interesting ones. Nothing in particular impacted me when subscribing other than the amount of other people who had already subscribed. It kinda told me whether or not the site would be interesting.
I found this site extremely helpful when looking at the blogs I follow. By breaking it down by people and their blogs it made it easier to see who has a new blog and how many blogs each person has. Also it just put all the blogs into one easy place rather than me having to go to their blogger page and try to see if I have commented on their most recent blog or not. I think having all these sites connected onto one is a great idea (Good job Bistra!) I was having difficulty checking each website and remembering which site I need to post things on each week, but now I can look at this site and all mine are right there in front of me at the same time. Overall I think that using the RSS will be easier to connect all my sites together but I don't particularly find most of the articles interesting because I don't really have enough time to read them all. This class in general has been very time consuming and this website will help but having deadlines for each assignment is very hard to keep up with when your schedule gets hectic.
After getting used to the RSS home page, I have grown to like it. It's easier to check out comments and posts on one page than multiple pages for sure. Finding people is definitely challenging, but hopefully it gets better. And I agree that fitting assignments into an already hectic work filled schedule can be difficult, but it'll be worth it when it's over ;)
ReplyDeleteRSS was so confusing! I didn't know what I had to set up because when I went onto google reader it looked like my page was set up for me with all my blogs right there laid out for me. But then I found out I had to create a google public profile just so people can subscribe to me. I agree it is very helpful to view our classmates blogs and follow them that way. I also find it interesting to follow some other sights. I find a lot more use in that than subscribing to each other.
ReplyDeleteI agree, at first, it was the most confusing thing. Who would have thought, a google site without directions..right?! I do agree, it's going to be much easier to have everything in one place. Much less time consuming and less clicking to tab back and forth between pages!
ReplyDelete