Wednesday, July 6, 2011

My first blog

Hi, I'm Marika Stayte. I live in North Yarmouth, Maine and have created this blog for my social application class which I am taking over the summer. Ive never really been one to tell people everything about myself but here's a little bit. I am a sophomore in college and this summer I am working full time to try to pay part of my way through school. I love my job but sometimes get frustrated because the retail business isn't always that much fun. I want to graduate college with my degree in physical therapy. I love traveling and recently visited Niagara Falls. I also love nature but my favorite thing by far is water falls. No matter what I always happen to find them.

From this course I hope to gain insight into how to better use the technology our generation has graciously been handed. No other generation has had the option to be able to do the amount of things in which we can. The world is in our hands and I would love to find every possible way to utilize that.
Setting up this blog for me was very different but seemed easier as I went along because directions aren't that hard to follow. Also now I will forever have a blog in which I can interact with many different people. In my professional field I could even discuss matters with other physical therapists and seek advice when I don't know exactly what to do.
My privacy settings I left alone for now because I have no clue which ones will be best but the information in which I put in this blog should be seen by whomever. I feel that if you put something on the internet you wanted it to be seen and that is why young adults and kids need to be careful what they post on any website.
I also chose the layout I did because I think it goes along with the title of my blog. My life right now is all about college and books are a huge part of college. I set it in the format because I have used Facebook for a while and this layout reminds me of that so hopefully it'll be easy to navigate. The colors are also my favorite colors.

Overall this blog will be a work in progress but I am very excited to learn about how to blog and how blogging can help impact my life. I always love to try new things and this will also help me to reach my goal of completing college which of course isn't a bad thing :)

3 comments:

  1. I finally found another blog! Some of these blogs are really hard to follow I'm still trying to get the hang of it. I really like how you said that our generation is the first to use technology like this because I never really thought of it like that. I also think it is beneficial to take a class because of that reason. There are all these useful tools around us and this class can help us make the most of technology in terms of sharing information.

    I hope everyone finds your blog ok because as of now I'm the only follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, I think your background is real cool. I also enjoy waterfalls and that's great you got to visit Niagara falls! I like how you touched up on saying that when people post stuff online they usually want people to see it. I find it interesting when people post such personal things online that I would never think about letting anybody know...do you think that this is due to what you said about how our generation growing up with technology? Has it come down to people actually feeling comfortable putting such personal things out in the social network because we were raised on technology?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Marika, another class with Bistra! haha. The profile looks pretty good. I like how you made it look like a facebook profile, I think I'm going to try that. I agree with the technologically being superior in our generation then previous ones. Hopefully we are able to use it to our advantage in things like blogging and in social medias!

    ReplyDelete