Friday, August 5, 2011

Here goes nothing!





But I'd rather say it this way....
Podcasts... oh podcasts I don't even know what to say about them. The pros more than likely outweigh the cons for most people, but that must be if they are only listening to them rather than actually making them (which is pretty hard). It amazes me that this audio file can be in your pocket all day long and you can play it whenever you want. Trying to upload this file onto my blog actually wasn't as difficult as I had thought because I read conversations on Facebook and other classmates blogs before I attempted uploading mine to get a feel for what to do. Its really interesting that I can not only blog about my podcast but have my podcast in my blog as the audio file itself. I'm not so sure that I would start podcasting instead of bogging but it is a really interesting way to get information for things such as classes or for organizations to get information onto the internet.
I personally don't think I would ever again make or use a podcast. Trying to find all the information and downloading the files necessary took a lot more time than I would have if I didn't have to do this for a class. Also for my profession I couldn't really see people using podcasts in their daily lives unless they wanted to record and listen to lectures on athletic training updates and stuff like that.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that they are easier to listen to than to make. I don't plan on making other ones anytime soon anyway. If you think about it it's almost like downloading a song off of iTunes only it is another audio file. I probably will not use podcasts although they are useful to some people. I feel like for me there are other resources that work just as well if not better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There were sooo many steps to making the podcast! I hope it didn't hurt my grade to try a different route and create a video podcast with a mac app! That was much easier than all the steps we were given. I wouldn't use or make podcasts on a daily basis because they take longer to prepare instead of blogs. If you are stuck you can take a moment to stop and think but podcasts you have to be able to speak without stopping or it would be a boring podcast.

    ReplyDelete